Vacancy announcement: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Foundation for Migrants from Mekong Neighbourhood (MMN Foundation) in coordination with the Mekong Migration Network (MMN) is hiring for the position of FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER. The position requires the successful applicant to be based in the MMN secretariat office in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and work for 5 days a week (40 hours). There is no special support (i.e. support for a visa, travelling cost etc) for people applying for this position from overseas or other provinces. This is a one-year fixed term contract with a possibility of extension.
Description of Position:
The MMN Administrative Officer composes an important part of the MMN Secretariat Team. She/he shall be responsible for ensuring that the Secretariat office functions optimally, efficiently and in an orderly manner, be in charge of book keeping and preparing spreadsheets of accounts, and provide administrative support for financial and operational needs of MMN, as well as administering relevant paper work to maintain MMN’s foundation status. She/he will be directly supervised by the MMN Advocacy and Research Officer and report to the MMN Regional Coordinator when required.
The MMN Admin Officer’s general functions will be to:
- Take charge of various aspects of office administration;
- Take charge of book keeping and accounting;
- Check requirements to keep the MMN’s foundation status and administer necessary paper work;
- Provide administrative assistance to the programs including logistical preparation for meetings/conferences, filing documents, posting books, faxing documents, etc;
- Provide logistical assistance to MMN new staff, interns and volunteers, including helping them settle in Chiang Mai, arranging work station etc.
- Organize the MMN library; and
- Work closely with the rest of the Secretariat team.
Specific tasks will be laid out in a job description which will be shared with a successful candidate.
The successful candidate MUST meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in written and oral Thai and basic to intermediate level in written and oral English;
- Book keeping skills and ability to prepare spreadsheets of accounts;
- Excellent office administration skills including ability to manage official paper work to maintain MMN’s foundation status;
- Good levels of computer literacy, especially the skill to use Excel for bookkeeping ;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, independently and with a diverse team; and
- Agreement with MMN’s principles and objectives.
A probationary period of three months applies.
Only those shortlisted will be notified.
Deadline for submission: 31 January 2015.