The Foundation for Migrants from the Mekong Neighbourhood (MMN Foundation) in coordination with the Mekong Migration Network (MMN) is hiring for the position of PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER. The position requires the successful applicant to be based in the MMN secretariat office in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and work for 3 days a week (24 hours). The schedule for her/his working days can be discussed before signing a contract. There is no special support (i.e. support for a visa, travelling costs etc) for people applying for this position from overseas or other provinces. This is a one-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
Description of Position:
The MMN Administrative Officer composes an important part of the MMN Secretariat Team. She/he shall be responsible for ensuring that the Secretariat office functions optimally, efficiently and in an orderly manner and provide administrative support for the financial and operational needs of MMN, as well as administering relevant paper work to maintain MMN’s foundation status. She/he will be directly supervised by the MMN Advocacy and Research Officer and report to the MMN Regional Coordinator when required.
The MMN Administrative Officer’s general functions will be to:
- Take charge of various aspects of office administration;
- Take charge of book keeping;
- Check requirements to ensure the MMN’s foundation status and administer necessary paper work;
- Provide administrative assistance to the program work of MMN, including logistical preparation for meetings/conferences, filing documents, posting books, faxing documents, etc;
- Organize the MMN library; and
- Work closely with the rest of the Secretariat team.
Specific tasks will be laid out in a job description which will be shared with a successful candidate.
The successful candidate MUST meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in written and oral Thai and basic to intermediate level in written and oral English;
- Excellent office administration skills including ability to manage official paper work to maintain MMN’s foundation status;
- Good levels of computer literacy, especially proficiency in Excel for bookkeeping purposes;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, independently and with a diverse team; and
- Agreement with MMN’s principles and objectives.
A probationary period of three months applies.
Only those shortlisted will be notified.
Deadline for submission: 25 January 2014.